Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Truth of Courage

Hey everyone, Creative Karma here again.

Yes, it's been quite a while since my last posting but in real life when it rains it pours. However, I have made it a point to come back and at least throw a post in.

Lately, I've been working on a variety of stories some are fan fics and some are original characters. So this time around I decided to jump in and let you start reading one of these many stories.

The first one I'm going to start posting is one of my original character stories called The Truth of Courage. Now the main character in this story started out as a simple role play character. But over the months and years, I was noticing the trend that I wasn't able to get the key things across about my character that were so important to who she was as a person. They were so put down and shoved aside that I made it a point to write her story.

First, I will start with the synopsis of the story which nearly everyone would read first if they would pull the book off the shelf in the book store and then I'll jump right into the first chapter of the story itself.


All school children go to school to learn the basics that society believes they should learn. English, Math, Languages, and History.


However, there is a part of history no one will accept. There are voices and minds filled with the pieces of history that no one listens to. Parts of history that only they know.


I hold a piece of the puzzle to the long since past. No matter what it takes, I will have my story told and correct those long ago mistakes. I will let everyone know that there is far more to me than anyone could ever dream.


My name is Nikki Robbins. And I, possess a part of history.
The only way this story exists is because I still exist. I only exist because of a change in my way of life. I am a vampire.

------------------------------------------------------

The Truth of Courage
By Nikki Robbins

Prologue

            All school children learn history from some source. Some learn it from school, others from their parents, while still others learn it from studying and listening on their own.
            However, history is never really a complete story. In every book I’ve read on history, I’ve found that key elements are missing. True, there are many that say that the large facts are the important ones to remember things like who fought against whom in a war, why, and whom won the war?
            I say there are more important things. Who fights those wars? People. People fight those wars. It is the people whom have their lives changed by the course of wars fought within their life times. It is people whom loose their lives for the sake of someone’s beliefs. I think that the lives of people are the most important facts in history.
            Most historians counter with the argument that there are never any documented stories from the people of those eras and that even if there were how could one discover if it is accurate? Those people are long since dead they say.
            Well, I have my own rebuttal.
            Who am I you might ask that I would have something valid to counter against the so called brightest minds of this century. Did I have more schooling? No, I did not. Do I have some amazing document or knowledge that others can validate to prove my point? In a manner of speaking, yes I do.
            So then, you ask again, who am I and what is it that I possess?
            My name is Nikki Robbins. Or it is now here in this present year. And what do I possess? I possess a part of history. A tale of a life changed by the face of war amongst other things.
            This is not a story I believe will ever be seen by any large number of people but I do not care. I do not care how many of those people around me tell me to forget the past or not to waste my time with the histories I have been reading over. This story of my life I will write and send out into the world for as many people to read and understand as possible.
            I say a story of my life because that is just what it is. However, I was not changed by some modern war fought on a distant land. I was changed with a war that has long since been added to the history books and forgotten on some shelf till a school child is made to read it.
            The only way this story exists is because I still exist. I only exist because of a change in my way of life. I am a vampire.
            Now, my seemingly endless rambling should make sense to you. Who but a vampire would know how history truly affected the people of the era in which they lived? That is why I state that I very much doubt that any historian will make my story public. As they say, who can trust a vampire?
            Vampires are either myths and legends to some or walking corpses of former human beings that have no right to life and property. Some evil undead that take the lives of those around them to sustain them.
            All of which is both true and false. Yet, this is not the point of my tale so for now I will pass on this point. Do not fear, this point will return in due time.
            Now, to move on to the purpose of this bit of history that I have labored to write out for those of you that have picked it up for what ever reason. Maybe the title looked interesting. Maybe you thought that it was some book of fiction that was oddly misplace in a non-fiction setting. I can assure you. What you will read is truth and some of it you will recognize from your history books.

------------------------------------------------

Well, there you go. That's the opening for The Truth of Courage. I may never get published as an author but I really only write for myself. If someone else happens to enjoy it then I count the story as a success.

I hope you read it and enjoy it and want to know more. I'll be back the next week hopefully with the next chapter.

This is Creative Karma and I'm off to battle the dreaded writer's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment