Monday, August 22, 2011

The Secret

I was browsing through my messages on my DA (Deviant Art) account and I came across a poem one of my friends had written about one of the characters in a story she was writing. That got me to thinking, maybe I should write some poems about my own characters.

So, I picked a character I created. A girl named Evelyn. If you look at my previous posts you'll find two drawings I've done of her.

I called this poem The Secret.

If you want to know the secret...look up her photo.

Happy Hunting.

The Secret



I move through life..
invisible to the world.
No one can see me.
No one wants to see me.
Except for him.

Across the crowded room,
our eyes lock on each other.
His filled with curiosity…and concern.
I look away,
Hide behind my hair.

The hair that hides the secret.
The secret that no one must know.
If he only knew
he wouldn’t look at me that way.
Just another outcast.

With a secret.

This is Creative Karma just writing out my hopes one line at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment